North Branch Construction is currently offering sign-on bonuses based on level of experience.
Project Manager: we are currently looking for an experienced construction Project Manager. Our Project Managers are responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and maintaining budget and schedule for our commercial construction projects. Project Managers work as a team with our Project Superintendents to successfully execute NBC projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- During the pre-construction phase, attend all design meetings, continuously evaluate the materials and products being proposed for constructability. Oversee the preparation of estimates for the conceptual, schematics, and design development stages.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine and request labor requirements.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction means and methods.
- Confer with Project Superintendent, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Assist the Business Development team by following up with leads and developing new business contacts.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in commercial construction.
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Possess solid data-entry, organization, and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including email, Internet, Microsoft Suite, ERP Systems, AIA Documentation.
Job Type: Full-time
- 4 year Engineering degree or equivalent, 10 + years of extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
We offer a competitive wage structure based on experience and a robust benefits package, including health/dental insurance, paid time off, holidays, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities.
North Branch Construction is a proud equal opportunity employer. Please respond with a current resume, cover letter, desired salary range and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our employment application, available here: https://www.northbranch.net/employee-application/
Project Superintendent: North Branch Construction is currently seeking a highly motivated, professional Commercial Construction Superintendent to join our team. Our Superintendents works collaboratively with the Project Manager to ensure the work progresses according to schedule, budget, meets the company's quality standards, and meets the client's satisfaction. Experience running complex/high-end institutional, public and private schools and universities, medical facilities, commercial, and multi-unit housing projects of $3M or greater is highly preferred. Ability to manage a large in house work force including resource allocation, performance reviews and detailed daily direction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage construction efforts to safeguard the project is constructed in accordance with the design, budget and schedule constraints. Includes meeting with the project manager, client, client representatives, inspectors, governmental oversight officials, subcontractors, suppliers and field staff.
- Provide accurate required paperwork, including daily reports, timesheets, field work directives, quality control data and all other regular and special documentation as dictated by the specific requirements of the project.
- Effectively plan, direct and supervise workers engaged in construction activities. Including oversight of in house field talent as well as providing formal and informal feedback to them.
- Ensure all North Branch employees and subcontractors are following all OSHA and company safety policies.
- Conduct weekly tool box talks.
- Know the details of the job and have a deep thorough understanding of project resource needs in advance.
- Understand, interpret and implement all construction aspects of the contract and the project procedures and plans to the crews.
- Create and reinforce a culture of continuous production improvement in the field by identifying and implementing changes that improve productivity, quality and safety practices.
- Manage subcontractors on site personnel, schedule and coordinate work between trades.
- Coordinate assigned work with owners, occupants, inspectors, local authorities and contractors.
- Investigate incidents and accidents and document the findings.
- Represent North Branch Construction in a positive manner in the community and to clients.
- Perform other duties and assignments as requested as they arise.
- Min. 7 years supervisory experience running complex/high-end institutional, public, and private schools and universities, medical facilities, commercial, and multi-unit housing projects $3-30 million.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Commercial Construction Supervision
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- Manage administrative duties in a timely manner and be able to work independently
- The ability to work effectively in a high pressure, multi-tasking environment
- Proficient in Blue Beam, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and CMiC a plus.
- Comfortable with computers, mobile devices and printers/copiers
- Team player -exhibiting excellent interpersonal and customer services skills, establish and maintain good relationships with employees, subcontractors, clients, owners, and project managers.
- Candidates must be willing to travel throughout the state from the upper valley, seacoast to southern parts of the state.
- Project specific needs immediately in the Upper Valley Area
- Valid driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- OSHA 30 hour training a plus
We offer a competitive wage structure based on experience and a robust benefits package, including health/dental insurance, long term disability, and paid time off, holidays, 401K plan, company vehicle, tuition reimbursement and unlimited career advancement opportunities.
North Branch Construction is a proud equal opportunity employer. Please apply in strict confidence and respond with a current resume, cover letter, desired salary range and availability to email@example.com or complete our employment application, available here: https://www.northbranch.net/employee-application/
Commercial Carpenter: North Branch Construction is currently seeking an experienced commercial carpenter. Commercial Carpenters build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of commercial construction projects. Our commercial construction projects are throughout the state from the upper valley, seacoast to southern parts of the state.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Put safety as the top priority by adhering to company polices and being an ambassador of safety on NBC jobsites.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Basic mathematical skills are required.
- Basic knowledge and ability to understand blueprints.
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds at a time.
- Ability to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
- Manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination is required.
- Willingness to commute up to 90-minutes radius from main office.
We offer a competitive wage structure based on experience and benefits package, including health insurance, paid time off, holidays, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities.
North Branch Construction is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
To apply, forward your resume with wage requirements to Sandra McNeff, HR Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the employment application available on our website, available here: https://www.northbranch.net/employee-application/
- "I love working at North Branch Construction. Every day is new and interesting, I look forward to coming to work every day. I'm recognized for the contribution that I make."