North Branch Construction is one of the state's largest commercial and residential contractors, in business for over sixty years. North Branch Construction has developed into a full-service, award-winning Construction Manager, Design-Builder, and General Contractor serving New Hampshire and its bordering states.
North Branch Construction firmly believes that the key to a successful project is teamwork and communication. Quality people make this happen. Our workforce’s availability and experience results in faster project completion, higher quality, and lower cost for our clients. By consistently maintaining high standards at all levels, we deliver lasting value and top-notch craftsmanship as evidenced by our projects.
Safety Director: North Branch Construction is currently seeking a safety minded, proactive, critical thinker to join our team as Safety Director. The Safety Director will develop, coordinate, and implement occupational health policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations in the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help cultivate a safety first company culture.
- Provide leadership, recommendations and assistance, to Project Managers and Superintendents, with respect to job site hazards, employee training, new/safe equipment operation and safe material or substance utilization.
- Maintain positive relationships with subcontractors, inspectors and company personnel.
- Ensures that the root cause analysis of near miss incidents or accidents are understood and proactively drives corrective actions quickly.
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory safety polices and procedure and maintains personnel safety records.
- Oversees and administers the company’s substance abuse policy and testing program.
- Remain current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations. Keep management advised of new or revised regulations and their projected impact.
- Oversee company’s safety policies and procedures are being applied consistently and upheld throughout the company.
- Chair and facilitate the safety committee.
- Ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program including working with internal personnel and third party administrators, to effectively investigate and resolve claims in an expeditious and cost effective manner.
- Actively engages as company representative for the insurance group trust.
- Participate with onboarding new employees.
- Assist in other duties related to the ongoing operations of the company as they arise.
- Extensive knowledge of current company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Background in construction type industries a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health, or related field required.
- At least five years of occupational health and safety experience in a construction or industrial environment required.
- Safety certifications such as CSHO, CHST, ASP, or CSP are highly regarded and are strongly considered.
We offer a competitive wage structure based on experience and a robust benefits package, including health/dental insurance, paid time off, holidays, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities.
North Branch Construction is a proud equal opportunity employer. Please respond with a current resume, cover letter, desired salary range and availability.
Apply for these positions by submitting your resume to email@example.com or online: Employment Application