136 Lowell Street, Manchester, NH
- 7,700 square foot addition
- 4,600 square foot renovation
- Contract Value: $1.6 million
The scope of work included demolition of a portion of the existing historic building and construction of a three-story, 7,700 square foot addition in its place. The remaining portion of the building underwent asbestos abatement and lead paint removal before undergoing a complete renovation. The Gothic Revival style building, originally named the Hervey Tufts House when it was built in 1846 by stove merchant Hervey Tufts, has changed ownership multiple times in the past 150 years, at one time serving as the governor’s residence. Facility will now provide housing for Families in Transition. Construction included partial demolition and rebuild of section of the building.